A lot of people confuse digital strategy with social media. They are not the same. Social media is part of a comprehensive digital strategy, but as a stand alone tactic it does not constitute a digital strategy. Instead, digital strategy is an overall plan for integrating real-time communications into your organization’s DNA.
Benefits and Challenges:
- Faster throughput of information.
- New employee skill sets will be needed.
- Customer/client intelligence will expand dramatically.
- Communications will become geometric and multi-tiered.
- Marketing will become increasingly permission based.
- Web presence will be closely linked to business success.
- Decision making at every level will incorporate digital
- User experiences will become central to your business.
- Analytics will replace more traditional metrics.
- Information will increasingly flow through new real-time channels.
Organizations that incorporate digital will find themselves dramatically out-pacing their competition for four reasons:
Achieve the digital cultural shift before your competitors.
Attract best and brightest employees who are immersed in new media.
Connect and collaborate with customers/clients in a real-time environment.
The value of your organization overall will be enhanced after full digital integration.
For most organizations it is not a question of why should I as much as it is when to begin the process. Our advice is now!
Massey Powell develops digital strategies to help unleash the power of information in a real-time communications environment. If you would like more information on our services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, We invite you to visit our daily newsblog at www.socialmedianewslink.com to learn more about social media research, trends and best practices.